What is Concierge Medicine?
Concierge medicine is simply a new name for an old concept: a physician-patient relationship based on mutual respect and trust, built over time.
The honor of caring for patients in the complete way to which they are entitled unfortunately has been eroded by the intrusion of the insurance system into the exam room. By removing the third party payer from the relationship with your family doctor, your physician is able to act as your advocate, with no interference or conflict of interest from outside parties. Concierge medicine restores the direct connection between the physician and the patient, as it should be.
Today’s primary care physician sees an average of 20 to 40 patients each day, and oversees as many as 4,000 patients and doctors are allocated an average of seven to fifteen minutes per visit.
The level of medical care suffers in a healthcare system where quantity supersedes quality. It is not surprising that within this dysfunctional system, patients are frustrated by delays in obtaining appointments, visits that start late, unreturned phone calls, harried office staff, obstacles in obtaining prescriptions, and hurried doctor visits that don’t fully address their concerns. Patients feel their medical needs are ignored as doctors rarely have time to counsel them or answer important medical and health questions. Visits are disorganized, impersonal “factory assembly lines” during which no one appears to actually know the patient’s name or provide individualized care.
Concierge medicine is the innovative model of care that delivers superior, personalized, accessible care to you.
You demand excellence. You seek the most qualified advisors with regards to finances, investments and other matters important to you and your family. You should expect that same level of knowledgeable and personalized attention from your doctor and invest in your most valuable asset a longer, healthier life. Dr. Robinson is dedicated to guiding you towards better health and well being: to attend wholly and exclusively to your medical problems when they occur. Furthermore, your physician, serving as trusted advisor, will be your advocate in today’s complex medical world.
- You have ACCESS to Dr. Robinson 24/7 by cell phone, e-mail, and texting.
- You’ll be seen PROMPTLY for all of your appointments because your time is valuable.
- We will LISTEN to all of your concerns – You will have the undivided ATTENTION of Dr. Robinson for a minimum of 30 min (industry average is 7 minutes per visit).
- We will GUIDE you to the best specialists and facilities and help you navigate through a complex healthcare system.
- We will be your ADVOCATE in the event you are hospitalized.
- We will design a written INDIVIDUALIZED treatment plan and track your progress to optimize your chances of achieving your health goals.
- We practice FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE which focuses on identifying the root cause of illness rather than just treating symptoms and labeling diseases. Our goal is to restore your body’s natural ability to heal.
- PEACE OF MIND that your doctor who knows you will be available when needed
- TRUST that you are getting the best medical care possible
Concierge Medicine Membership Plans
|Physician Access by Text/Email||✓||✓||✓|
|Advocate for Hospital & ER||✓||✓||✓|
|Written Health Action Plan||✓||✓||✓|
|In-Office Procedures *||Fee Varies||✓||✓|
|MD Routine & Urgent Office Visits||$75-$150||✓||✓|
|MD Skype/Phone Visits||$50+||✓||✓|
|MD Home Visits||Fee Varies||Fee Varies||✓|
* In-Office Procedures include blood draws, EKG, injections, laceration repair & suture removal, freezing of benign skin lesions, rapid flu and strep testing, ear irrigation, joint injections and routine immunizations (Flu, Tetanus, and Pneumonia vaccines).
** This plan is appropriate for patients with more complex healthcare needs such as: advanced age, multiple medical conditions, coordination with specialists, or communication with caregivers, home health or hospice.
Annual Fees may also be paid in semi-annual, quarterly or monthly payments with installment fee.