“Wow, what a difference! No more creams applied every day and everything about my energy and performance has definitely improved!” – Ford, Age 61 – Read More Here
“The pellets have had a profound effect on my marriage as well as my overall quality of life.” – Mary, Age 65 Read More Here
“I will never stop getting bio-identical hormone pellets!” – Lea, Age 62 Read More Here
“I never dreamed that I could feel this good again!” – Mark, Age 48 Read More Here
Do I need Hormones?
As we age, both men and women may suffer from symptoms produced by declining levels of reproductive hormones. You might consider Bio-Identical Hormone Therapy (BHRT) if:
You are female and have:
- Mood swings
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Fuzzy thinking
- Reduced sex drive
- Weight gain
You are male and have:
- Poor sleep
- Increased body fat
- Absence of sex drive
- Difficulty keeping erections
- Overall lack of motivation or curiosity in life
Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy
We prescribe bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) for men and women in various forms including pellets, patches, creams, troches, pills and injections.
The pellet delivery system provides the most precise, individualized BHRT therapy available. Pellets are inserted under the skin in a 15-minute procedure in our office. Our physicians were trained by the leader in BHRT pellet therapy, Dr. Gino Tutera at SottoPelle.
Other options, including patches, creams, troches, pills, and injections, can be recommended for those who do not wish to receive pellets or are not good candidates for the pellet system. We will work with you to create a plan that works with your lifestyle for effective results.
Synthetic Versus Bio-Identicals?
- We have known for decades that correcting hormone levels can improve these symptoms and quality of life.
- The pharmaceutical industry took advantage of this opportunity, creating synthetic hormones such as Premarin and Provera (Prempro).
- Unlike bio-identical hormones, synthetics are different structurally from human hormones. This difference allows the patenting of synthetic hormones which generate big profits for the pharmaceutical industry.
- These NON-identical (Synthetic) imitators do reduce some symptoms of hormone deficiencies but they DO NOT RESTORE BALANCE in a way that your body recognizes.
- Studies link synthetic hormones to risks such as blood clots, heart attacks and breast cancer.
- Bioidenticals can be compounded to meet the DOSAGE NEEDS OF EACH INDIVIDUAL, unlike fixed-dosing with mass-produced pharmaceutical hormone replacement products.
How Are Bio-Identical Hormones Made?
- They are made from plant-based hormone substances. They are made from soy and yams and match the molecular structure and function of human hormones.
What Are the Risks?
- A large study (Women’s Health Initiative) was published in 2002 that showed that the RISKS (blood clots, breast cancer, and heart attacks) of treatment with oral SYNTHETIC hormones outweighed the benefit they might receive.
- Unfortunately, this conclusion was also ASSUMED for bio-identical hormones (BHRT), despite the fact that Bio-Identical hormones have not been shown to impart the same risks as oral synthetic hormones.
- Concerns about a possible link between testosterone replacement and heart attacks were contradicted by a larger, more recent study that indicates an optimal level of testosterone actually protects men from heart disease.
How Are Bio-Identical Hormones Administered?
Bio-identical hormone therapy (BHRT) can be delivered by:
- Lozenges (troches)
- Pellets (Inserted under the skin surface)
- Pellets are the only process of delivery that thoroughly reflects the way in which the ovary and testicle produce hormones.
- This method provides similar stable, low dosages in quantities that the body once produced.
- Daily patches, creams, or pills are not needed.
- Fluctuations in blood levels will not occur, as can be the case with other methods.
- Pellet implants can even release more when the body needs it, such as during physical exertion or stressful periods.
- The dose is individualized for you based on your blood hormone levels, symptoms and other key factors.
- Pellets are both effective and convenient, and have to be inserted only every five to six months for men and every three to five months for women.
How Are the Pellets Inserted?
Hormone pellets are small in size, and are implanted under the skin in around 10 minutes. The pellets are inserted by a board certified physician with specified training.
Pellet Q&A with MD: $75
Initial Consultation Fee: $150
Male Pellet Insertion: $760
Female Pellet Insertion: $385
Bio-Identical Hormone Therapy Partners (BHRT)
SottoPelle provides bio-identical hormone replacement therapy to men and women worldwide. Our proven method is safe and effective for people of all ages. Our doctors were trained by the late Gino Tutera M.D. the pioneer and leader in pellet bio-identical hormone replacement therapy.
If you are interested in learning more about Bio Identical Hormone Therapy, contact Robinson MD today. To schedule an appointment, please call (727) 346-8577.