ReCODE & PreCODE
ReCODE (reversing cognitive decline) and PreCODE (prevention of cognitive decline) are personalized therapeutic programs that target and treat the root cause of cognitive decline and degenerative conditions of the brain.
Preventive and Rehabilitative
How Does It Work?
ReCODE and PreCODE begin where all other functional treatments do: with a patient’s unique history and characteristics, including:
- Health history
- Nutrition and physical activity level
- Environmental exposures
What Does It Do?
Pioneered by Dr. Dale Bredesen, the ReCode Program consists of a “Cognoscopy,” which is an in-depth analysis of a patient’s biomarkers through a variety of tests which may include blood, urine, stool, and saliva. The aim of this comprehensive evaluation is to find the many factors behind the underlying cause of neurodegeneration. The Cognoscopy begins with a new consultation and follow-up visit to review results and a personalized treatment plan to prevent and/or reverse cognitive decline by targeting all of its underlying causes.
The Treatment Process
First: New Consultation Appointment
- Physician review of previous pertinent records, labs, imaging, intake questionnaires
- Initial Appointment with physician (90-minute) reviewing medical and family history, medications and supplements, specific concerns about cognitive decline, comprehensive lab workup, MoCA testing, personalized written plan, and discussion of other assessments (Cq Assessment or CNS Vital Signs), and discussion of brain training with BrainHQ.
- Blood draw for initial labs (done in-house and can be done at initial visit if requested in advance)
- First Follow-up Appointment with physician (90 minute) will include detailed lab review and next steps (including discussion of glucose/ketone monitoring), and a review of baseline ReCODE Report. A personalized action plan will be created based on your specific, individualized needs.
- At the second physician appointment, participant will be provided a folder that will include test results, lab spreadsheets, ReCODE Report, education materials, and a detailed action plan.
Next: Subsequent Follow-up Appointments
- Blood draw (in-house or outside lab based on patient preference) for recheck of biomarkers
- 90-minute follow-up physician visits (recommended every 3 months)
- Review of biomarkers and new ReCODE Report
- Access progress with components of lifestyle changes including nutrition, exercise, stress reduction techniques, brain training/stimulation, sleep
- Review of CNS Vital Signs and BrainHQ
- Repeat MOCA testing
- Revised written plan
- Virtual visits as needed
- Troubleshoot difficult areas
- Assess any challenges with lifestyle changes
- Review of blood sugar and ketones
Add-On Optional Services If Recommended
- Genetic Testing
- IV Nutritional Therapy
- MAH IV Ozone
- Infrared Sauna
- PEMF Bemer therapy
Participants are encouraged to include health coaching and/or dietician support and will be referred to Bredesen-trained ReCODE Health Coach and/or dietitian.
For participants who do not live within a convenient distance, initial appointments and at least 1 visit per year must be in person and the remainder can be telemedicine visits.
Get Started Now
Achieving your best health begins
with the click of a button.
100 2nd Ave S, Suite 904S,
St. Petersburg, FL 33701