Meet The Doctors
Dr. Stacey and Dr. Emily are committed to helping our patients achieve their best health through individualized, holistic care. Get to know them and their backgrounds a little bit better.
A Wellness-First Approach
Both Dr. Stacey and Dr. Emily are passionate about upholding the core mission of Robinson MD: Giving patients a distinctive health experience with excellent, individualized, and compassionate care in order to empower each person to feel better, live longer, and achieve long-term success.
An Emphasis on Patient Empowerment
You should be an active participant and decision-maker on your health journey. That starts with having a fulfilling relationship with a physician who’s committed to your wellness, both now and in the future. Dr. Stacey and Dr. Emily’s unique approaches to medicine have one important thing in common: you, the patient, always come first.
Stacey J. Robinson, MD
Founder & CEO
Dr. Stacey is double Board-certified in Family Medicine and Integrative Medicine and an Institute for Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner
She completed her residency at Travis Air Force Base. Being a part of the Air Force was one of the best experiences of her life. She proudly served in the Air Force from 1996-2003, serving as medical director of the MacDill Primary Care Clinic, caring for our troops, their families, and retired service members.
After her service, she worked in various practice types, all pressuring doctors to attain quantity over quality. Over those years, she came to the sad realization of the futile way in which she was practicing medicine – not enough time with patients leading to more medications and less true healing.
In 2008, she opened Robinson MD so she could care for patients in a more thorough, individualized way with the goal of empowering and inspiring people to achieve their best health possible. She is a member of the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM), International Society of Environmentally Acquired Illness (ISEAI), and International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS)
In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, riding her Harley, playing softball and basketball, and cooking delicious and nutritious food.
See Dr. Stacey’s Certifications
- American Board of Family Medicine
- American Board of Integrative Medicine (ABoIM)
- Institute for Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner
- Florida Academy of Family Physicians
- International Society of Environmentally Acquired Illness (ISEAI)
- International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS)
- Institute for Functional Medicine – FunctionalMedicine.org
- American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine – ABIHM.org
- Residency in Family Medicine – David Grant Medical Center, Travis AFB, CA 1999
- Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA – Graduated with honors in 1996
- California State University at Long Beach – B.S. Physiology 1992
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Tulane Medical School – June 1996
- The Auxiliary to the Louisiana Academy of Family Physicians’ Award – June 1996
- The American Medical Women’s Association Achievement Citation – June 1996
- Society of Teachers of Family Medicine Resident Teaching Award – July 1999
- Outstanding Preceptor Award, MacDill PA Student Program – May 2001 and Sept 2001
- Nominee, Healthcare Heroes – 2013
- 2014 Finalist for Entrepreneur Woman of the Year
- 2016 Finalist for Female Entrepreneur at the Business Excellence Awards
Additional Certifications & Education
- Intellxx DNA Certified Practitioner – Precision Genetics – 2021
- ReCODE 2.0 – Advanced Course in Reversing Cognitive Decline – Apollo Health Certified Practitioner – 2021
- International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society – Lyme Fundamentals Course – 2020
- Neil Nathan MD Mentorship – 2019 to Present
- Jill Crista ND Mold Training Course – 2020
- NutriGenetic Practitioner Certification – Nutrition Genetics – 2019
- Florida Medial Marijuana Physician Certification – 2018
- Reversing Cognitive Decline – Institute for Functional Medicine – 2017
Emily Burk, DO
Board Certified Internal Medicine
Dr. Burk is an osteopathic trained physician where the focus is on the whole person, not just a disease.
As a medical student, Dr. Burk fell in love with internal medicine and the relationships formed between a doctor and a patient. She completed residency in Internal Medicine at Detroit Medical Center, Huron Valley Sinai where she was selected as Chief Resident.
After graduating in 2015, Dr. Burk traveled the country providing care in areas of need. As a “Locum Tenens” physician, she has traveled to hospitals in need of physicians; working to care for patients without access otherwise. She has worked in tiny hospitals with 45 beds to tertiary care facilities with 900 beds. These experiences have given her a unique perspective on American Healthcare, its delivery, patient experiences; and a unique passion for excellence in healthcare.
This passion for providing excellence in patient care has led her to Robinson MD, where health, not illness is the focus. Dr. Burk will join in Dr. Robinson’s vision of comprehensive and personalized approach to wellness and preventive care. In addition, her background includes specific skills in helping the patient with complex medical conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, chronic lung disease, and a variety of other chronic conditions. She will help you focus on all aspects of health optimization including mental wellness, feasible and realistic lifestyle changes, and prescription medication management. She also brings her extensive hospital experience to the practice in the event that you are hospitalized. She will work closely with our hospitalist group to assure you have the best coordination of care.
In her spare time, Dr. Burk enjoys gardening, playing beach volleyball and cooking.
See Dr. Emily’s Certifications
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine by the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine
- Florida Osteopathic Medical Association
- American College of Physicians
- Certified in Advanced Cardiac, and Basic Life Support 2010 – present
- Residency in Internal Medicine – Detroit Medical Center, Huron Valley Sinai; Commerce Township, MI 2015
- Midwestern University College of Osteopathic Medicine – Glendale, AZ 2012
- Michigan State University – B.S. Physiology 2008
- Physician of the Year, Runner Up – Naples, FL 2017
- Outstanding Resident of the Year – Michigan Osteopathic Association 2015
- Resident of the Year – Detroit Medical Center – Huron Valley Sinai 2015
- Resident of the Year – Detroit Medical Center – Huron Valley Sinai 2014
- Nursing Collaboration Award – Detroit Medical Center – Huron Valley Sinai 2013
MD and DO Explained
What’s the difference between an MD and a DO? If you’re interested in further exploring the similarities and differences between these two medical degrees, we’ve got you covered.
Schedule Your Consultation
Achieving your best health begins
with the click of a button.
100 2nd Ave S, Suite 904S,
St. Petersburg, FL 33701