About Jenny Kalina
Jenny has an unquenchable thirst for learning and has pursued advanced training in all areas of functional medicine.
She started her PA career in cardiovascular medicine and saw the enormous potential for using nutrition to treat patients with heart disease. As her patients experienced incredible results with this approach, she became interested in helping people to prevent heart disease before they ended up sitting in the cardiologist office with a serious heart condition. She also saw the potential to apply this holistic approach to other health problems. She established a successful functional medicine practice in New Jersey where she spent 7 years honing her skills and transforming patients lives for the better.
Jenny has an unquenchable thirst for learning and has pursued advanced training in all areas of functional medicine to have a thorough understanding of physiology and medicine. She completed further training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy at the Beck Institute so that she can help patients with the psychological aspects of motivation to change lifestyle and habits. She strives to be a partner with her patients, developing very personalized goals that encompass diet and lifestyle modification, conventional therapeutics, and natural therapies that help achieve vitality, optimal aging and health.
Jenny has expertise in the following areas:
- Cardiovascular and metabolic disorders including overweight and obesity, cholesterol disorders, coronary artery disease, high blood pressure, Type 2 diabetes and hypoglycemia
- Thyroid disorders, fibromyalgia and auto-immune conditions
- Neurological and psychological disorders including headaches and migraines, ADHD, depression, anxiety and insomnia
- Female and male hormone evaluation and treatment for fertility, perimenopause/menopause, osteopenia/osteoporosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and male hypogonadism
- GI disorders such as IBS, IBD and food intolerance
- Chronic fatigue
- Lyme and tick-borne illness
- Mycotoxin and mold-related illness
- Brain health and prevention of dementia
In her spare time, Jenny enjoys spending time with family and friends, exercising, practicing movement outdoors – especially biking and hiking, cooking healthy meals and doing crossword puzzles.
See Jenny Kalina’s Qualifications
- Licensed Physician Assistant
- Certified Nutrition Coach
- Institute For Functional Medicine (IFM) Practitioner “Certification” (Eligible)
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) for Weight Loss
- Botox Injections for Migraine
- ReCODE 2.0 – Reversing Cognitive Decline (Bredesen Protocol) (In Process of Certification)
- Seton Hall University – M.S. Physician Assistant 2014
- SUNY Binghamton – B.A. Art History/B.F.A. Painting 1990
- Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM), AFMCP and Advanced Practice Modules
- LENS (Laboratory, Endocrine, Neurotransmitter) Functional Medicine Symposium
- ILADS Fundamentals Course – 2017
Get Started Now
Achieving your best health begins
with the click of a button.
100 2nd Ave S, Suite 904S,
St. Petersburg, FL 33701