3/4 cup cooked quinoa
1 tsp olive oil
1.5 cups chopped veggies (such as cauliflower, broccoli, or zucchini)
2/3 cups cheese (such as cheddar, feta, or blue) divided
1 cup Greek style plain yogurt
2 Tbsp low fat milk (you can use unsweetened almond or coconut milk)
1 whole egg
1 tsp dried or 1 Tbsp fresh herb of choice (such as oregano, basil, or thyme)
1/4 tsp sea salt
Ground pepper to taste
10-cup non-stick muffin tin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions and set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet. Add veggies, saute’ for five minutes, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, milk, egg, and herbs/seasonings and set aside.
- In the bottom of each muffin tin, place 1 tablespoon of cooked quinoa, approximately 2 Tbls veggies then half of the cheese. Distribute the egg mixture evenly into each muffin tin over the quinoa, veggies and cheese. Top each with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until quiches are set and lightly browned around the edges. Cool five minutes and serve or refrigerate or freeze until ready to enjoy. When heating up quiche, heat in non-stick pain for a nice crispy crust.
- Serving suggestions: serve with sliced avocado and cherry tomatoes drizzled with balsamic vinegar and/or cottage cheese.
Nutritional information: 2 quiches has approximately 100 calories, 3.5 grams fat, 11 grams protein, 6 grams carbohydrate