I have been talking about supplements a lot over the past few months. A supplement is just that: a supplement to the diet that can help fill the nutritional gaps. Supplements are not to be used in place of a healthy diet. I have said many times before and I’ll say it again, it is best to get your nutrients from healthy food. In addition, there are no magic pills or potions or special berries from an unknown island that will bring you the fountain of youth. Truth is timeless. Spend your time, money, and energy focusing on the following 8 essentials of health.
- Breathe properly: breathing is one of the most powerful tools to counteract the body’s reaction to stress.
- Drink more water. Your body is 60% water so make sure to replenish it.
- We literally are what we eat. Eat whole foods, in other words, eat foods in their natural state.
- Sleep 7-8 hours per night. Lack of sleep accelerates the aging process because sleep is when our body repairs itself.
- Move more: exercise is one of the best and most simple tools for health.
- Get 10 minutes of sunshine per day: sunshine is our primary source of vitamin D, essential to our health.
- Relax: Take time each day for an activity such as meditation, deep breathing, yoga, music, or prayer.
- Attitude is everything: every day strive for a positive attitude, be grateful, forgive and love each other.