One of the most common questions that I get this time of year is, “How do I get better faster if I get a cold or flu?”
Start the following as soon as you notice any cold/flu symptoms such as sore throat, cough, congestions, fever, body aches, etc… This regimen is most effective when started in the first 48 hours and can shorten the severity and/or duration of the illness. Follow this for 3-5 days and If you are not improving after 5 days, go see your doctor.
- Vitamin C 1,000 mg per day
- Zinc lozenges every 2 hours (need at least 75mg/day)
- Probiotics – at least 15 Billion CFU per day
- Vitamin D 10,000 IU per day (for 3-5 days only)
- And of course… rest and homemade chicken soup (not Campbells!)
Read more about how to strengthen your immune system…